Friday, October 26, 2012

Following up on a "Learning Opportunity"

Earlier this month I posted about a learning opportunity available via the Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty Organization. This week I received a little more information about the certificate program portion that I was interested in pursuing, so I wanted to share more in case anyone else was also interested.

The preparatory work to be completed before November 12, when the physical conference starts in Vienna, is available online. It's estimated to take 14-18 hours to complete, and has a few quizzes to accompany it.

The course/conference material covers two weeks, but will be available online. It's estimated at 60 hours. That looks like it has to be completed during the two week period of the conference, yikes!

There's a follow up essay, which will be anonymously peer-reviewed, and a final quiz. These stretch out over December and January.

So while I'm really excited about the chance to earn a certificate and learn more about such an important field, I'm a little nervous about the time commitment. It's pretty substantial, yes? What do you all think -- worthwhile to try to tackle, or just too much for the middle-to-end of the semester?

0 comments:

Post a Comment